If you’re a knitter in the New York area you might want to consider paying a visit to Vogue Knitting Live when it opens its doors at the New York Marriott Marquis from Jan. 17 to 19. This star-studded event is sure to be a lot of fun.
Celebrity names like New York Times bestselling author Barbara Kingsolver; face of Reebok’s yoga lifestyle line and best-selling author named “Yoga Rebel” by the New York Times, Tara Stiles; Project Runway designer Suede; and renowned M.D.s and authors of The Creativity Cure: How to Build Happiness With Your Own Two Hands, Dr. Carrie Barron and Dr. Alton Barron will give classes, keynote speeches and demos for all to enjoy. The event also includes:
• A marketplace featuring thousands of products with interesting hard-to-find fibers like possum, yak, qiviut and buffalo, accessories, patterns and more
• Couture fashion shows spotlighting today’s latest fashions and colors
• An inspirational knit art gallery with fun items like Mochimochi Land’s knitted toys
• Hundreds of classes, workshops and demos for all skill levels taught by industry celebrities
• Raffles ans giveaways
• Free knit and crochet lessons and technique-driven demos
• Celebrity book signings
• Exclusive gala dinner and cocktail party events
Tickets are available online or at the door, with one-day marketplace tickets going for $15 online and $20 at the door; two-day marketplace tickets are $20 online and $25 at the door. Kids under 12 are free, students save $5 on admission and $15 on classes.
One of these days I’m actually going to make it to one of these events, but in the meantime I’d love a report if any of you attend or have gone to one in the past!