The iKnit series from Leisure Arts is more magazine-like than the company’s usual pattern booklets. It’s also a bit more fun, with projects that are more heavily styled and that have a bit of a story behind them.
The latest in the series, iKnit: Intrepid Cables Off the Beaten Path focuses on intermediate-level patterns using lots of cables, and all knit with Caron Simply Soft yarn.
In all there are six projects, including:
- a cropped sweater with cabled sleeves, collar and button band worked in a contrasting color
- a maxi skirt with a bevvy of cables and colors (shown on the cover
- a roomy carpet bag with cable and beaded accents
- a sleeveless cowl neck vest worked in self-striping yarn with a cable running up one side
- a classic sweater with a center cable and cables running down the sleeves
- a cabled collar that looks like the beginning of a circular yoke sweater
The projects are presented with big, fun photos, while the back of the booklet contains the patterns. It’s a fun little collection if you’re a fan of cables (and if you are, look for this one in a giveaway soon).
Are you a fan of cables? I’d love to hear how you like to use them.
[Photo via Leisure Arts.]